Monday, June 8, 2009

bladder relief

5/15/09
Its 1 am. Got up to take a leak. The ocean is glassy calm; the sky, a dark navy blue merging into the inky shadows of night. The sounds of my trickling fountain splashing the ocean seem strangely magnified in this vast blanket of space and magnitude in which I now find myself. I lift my groggy eyes and notice a city of lights on the water. There are 20 or so tenders anchored up together about 500 yards off our port. However paradoxical the presence of these steel hulks may seem in this pristine setting, the distant hum from their generators combined with the mirrored reflection of their lights shining in the water are incongruously beautiful. There is something enchanting about this scene-something weirdly entrancing. Exactly what it is that has captivated me I have no idea. The only reason I care to interrupt my desire to go back to sleep is because I find my reaction to this sight uncharacteristic of my usual human-despising self, hence I find it worth noting. However, I fully intend to go back to my dreamland now, so I will let my last thoughts be on the fam before I “slip into silent slumber, sail on silvery mists”(oh how I love the jungle book)

No comments:

Post a Comment